The facts tell us that a kitchen remodel is one of the most daunting and complex of all remodeling projects. At the same time, a kitchen remodel can be an amazing life-changing experience for your home as well as your resale value.
Recently HGTV posted statistics that show you can receive at least a 70% return on your investment when you take on a kitchen remodel. A recent Houzz study also shows that kitchens are a huge part of our home-buying focus because they have become the mainstream of entertaining in our homes.
With both ingredients of a great return on your investment, and the positive impact on your home life, below are the best places to get started when beginning to plan your remodel:
- Keep a master list of the things that bother you or you dislike about how your current kitchen works. Then begin a list of things you want to be different in your new kitchen.
- Investigate what you think things will cost, and put together a tentative budget for your remodel. Remember to make it a range since its too early to know exactly what everything will cost.
- Decide what you REALLY want as an end result, and let that drive what you will spend to make it happen.
- Keep an electronic scrapbook of things you want in the new kitchen. Its easier to describe with pictures.
- Make an appointment with a designer so you can begin the process of putting things to together. Bring all your thoughts and plans and share them with your designer.
- Prepare for your designer to come to your house and measure your kitchen. Take advantage of the time in your home to explain all the things you dont like, or like, about your kitchen. Explain why you want to change it.
- After helping your designer understand all your goals for your kitchen, they will complete your kitchen design. Then the action happens of getting everything ordered and getting it installed. If youre curious about how long the entire process might take you can read this guide.
With a kitchen remodel being such a complex project, you will want a kitchen design expert at your side to guide you through it so you miss all the landmines along the way. Our designers at Central Cabinetry will be able to guide you step by step and make it an amazing experience.
If you feel its time to begin the process of changing your kitchen, contact us here.
Don’t forget our great free resources to help you. Download the Kitchen Remodel Survival Kit below.