We all have different personalities and our own sense of style. Those personalities and style are reflected in our homes. Some of us may be more traditional while others like to push the envelope and like unique and different. There are a variety of different kitchen styles that may work for an individual. Figuring out which one is right for you and your home is the first hurdle to overcome when designing a kitchen.
For most of us no matter our style we prefer to stay up to date and the last thing we want is an outdated kitchen. No matter the style of kitchen you are looking for we all want a contemporary kitchen. When someone in the kitchen industry is referring to the term contemporary, they mean something that is a current trend. This can include current design trends and cutting edge technology.
It is important not to confuse the terms contemporary with modern. They mean two completely different things. While a contemporary kitchen can also be modern, many other kitchen styles can be considered contemporary as well. So what are the elements of a contemporary kitchen in 2015?
Elements of a Contemporary Kitchen
- Furniture style design features
- Streamlined and clean surfaces
- Two-toned cabinet finishes
- Hidden storage
- Open shelving integrated with wall cabinets
- Decorative lighting
- Advanced technology such as Wi-Fi enabled appliances
- Universal design and accessibility for all ages
- Non-traditional seating areas
- Built in appliances such as beverage stations
- Low maintenance materials such as quartz
- Under counter options such as microwaves and refrigerator drawers
Central Cabinetry has been serving Orlando and its surrounding areas for over 25 years. We have provided reliable service to over 20,000 homeowners. We can easily recognize when something is just a fad and when it is a trend that will be worth considering. If you would like to have us help you design a contemporary kitchen that fits your own personal style you can contact us here.
Click below to download your free “Kitchen Style Guide.”