Quartz countertops are becoming one of the most popular countertop materials for homeowners. In some areas of the country it surpasses granite in popularity. Not all homeowners may know that there are two similar quartz products that have some big differences. It is not uncommon for someone to confuse quartz with quartzite. It is important to learn and understand the difference so you get the countertop material that is right for your Orlando area kitchen remodel.
Quartz Vs. Quartzite
- Engineered stone that is made in factory from stone chips, resins, and pigments.
- Does not need to be sealed
- Non-porous and less maintenance.
- Uniform pattern
- Can be poured into a mold and be any shape
- Wider range of colors
- Stain and bacteria resistant
- Metamorphic rock that comes from sandstone
- Usually has swirling white and gray coloring but does come in other limited colors
- Similar to granite and needs to be sealed
- Patterns resemble marble
- Harder than both granite and quartz
- Stain and scratch resistant
To read the complete Consumer Reports article clickhere.
While both are durable and quality countertops there is really not a big difference in price. It really depends on the look you want to go along with your custom kitchen cabinets. Our kitchen design experts atKitchen and Bath Solutions can help you narrow down yourcountertop optionsand help you decide which material is right for your Florida kitchen remodel. If you would like to have a conversation and schedule a free consultation you cancontact us here.
Click below to download a free kitchen style guide.