Most homeowners typically want something different than everyone else has. If you live in a neighborhood where there are 5 different models of homes, chances are you will walk into your neighbors and see almost an identical kitchen. While the cabinets, countertops, and layouts may be similar, it doesnt mean you have to have the same kitchen. Its the little custom touches that can make the biggest difference. One of the best ways to customize and make your kitchen stand out from the others is by adding texture to your Florida kitchen remodel.
By adding texture it adds visual interest and shows contrast. It can make an ordinary kitchen in to something that will really stand and out and make you think Wow! There are several suggestions on the different things that can be included in your kitchen design when it comes to adding texture.
Suggested Design Tips
- Use a natural stone countertop such as granite or quartz
- Consider using more than one cabinet finish
- Add a textured backsplash
- Add a brick wall
- Use stainless steel appliances and metal fixtures
- Add decorative crown molding
- Choose a raised panel or decorative door style
- Use more than one countertop material
- Add furniture embellishments
- Add cabinet hardware
- Add beadboard to a wall or use a beadboard style cabinet door
While there are endless things that you can do to spice up your new kitchen, it is important not to go overboard. Using an experienced designer will help you to get the right balance. Our kitchen remodeling experts can help you design something that will give your kitchen its own unique style. If you would like to come in for a free consultation you can contact us here.