If you like the new contemporary kitchens, but still love the look of traditional kitchen elements, then the transitional kitchen style might be the perfect match for your Florida kitchen remodel. Transitional kitchens blend the old with the new. Many homeowners find them to be flexible and allow them to give their kitchen the perfect custom look. Transitional kitchens dont have set rules and make it easier to blend in with any home style.
According to the National Kitchen and Bath Association, transitional kitchens are ranked number one, with traditional kitchens a close second.Many designers attribute this to their broad appeal and inviting look. You may be wondering what some characteristics of a transitional kitchen are.
8 Characteristics of a Transitional Kitchen
- Wood cabinets with basic door styles that have a smooth and contoured look
- Use of both manufactured and natural materials
- Some ornamentation with corbels, furniture legs, and moldings
- Neutral kitchen colors such as gray, white, and natural wood finishes
- Textured and lustrous backsplashes
- Open shelves
- Stainless steel appliances and range hoods
- Natural countertops such as granite or quartz
If you are a homeowner who is looking for an updated look and something that appeals to most everyone then the transitional kitchen style may be perfect for your home. You can enjoy a clutter free kitchen that is also cozy and warm. If you are interested in remodeling your Florida kitchen remodel in the near future and would like to talk to one of our kitchen design experts at Central Cabinetry, you can contact us here.
Click below to download your free kitchen design layout guide.