When it comes to kitchen style most homeowners seem to know or at least have an idea of what they want when choosing their kitchen cabinets. However, most dont even think about or consider ahead of time what kitchen storage options they want besides a few utensil dividers.
A new kitchen is great and will bring a lot of satisfaction, but a new kitchen with efficient kitchen storage will make you even happier and satisfied with the end result. It is worth taking some time to explore a variety of kitchen storage options. You should choose those options that make the most sense for your home and lifestyle. Getting the right kitchen storage options in the right location will give you a customized kitchen that fits the needs of your household.
Kitchen Design Tips
- Include storage in close proximity to appliances and items that are frequently used. For example, it would make the most sense to have a pullout spice rack next to a stove or in your baking zone.
- Put your silverware drawers close to your sink or dishwasher. Have a designated cabinet or drawer for dishes. It will make your clean up easier and more efficient.
- Utilize cabinet drawer inserts. You can opt for a utensil caddy to store those larger cooking utensils.
- Drawers tend be more expensive than cabinets, but it may be worth it to spend a little extra for the right storage and get the drawers you need.
- While it is not right for every kitchen, you may want to double stack some of your kitchen cabinets in order to maximize the space you have and increase the overall storage.
- Eliminate dead corners and take advantage of usable corner storage options. You can choose from a corner drawer stack to a Lazy Susan.
Once you have scheduled your free initial consultation be prepared to talk about the different activities that will occur and how you use your kitchen. Does your kitchen need to be designed for entertaining, cater to young children, or to keep pets in mind?
If you would like to learn more about efficient kitchen storage and begin planning your Central Florida kitchen remodel you can contact us here.
Also download our free “Must Haves” for Kitchen Design.