Nearly 8 million homeowners will decide to remodel their kitchens this year. There are many reasons why someone might choose to remodel. They may be looking to update their kitchen and appliances, they are getting ready to resale their house, or they are looking for a kitchen that is more functional and organized. No matter the reason its essential that homeowners take into consideration some important things to do before choosing their cabinets.
Important things to do
- Pick a Reputable Company You will want to look for a company that has been around and has a proven reputation. You can easily go online and check the reviews and company’s background.Central Cabinetry has been in business for over 25 years. It is also employee owned so everyone has a vested interest in your customer satisfaction.
- Understand Wood Species and What You Like – You will want to explore the different wood species and learn how they affect the look of your kitchen. Lighter colored woods such as maple and oak will make your kitchen appear larger. Darker woods often resemble the look of furniture and give a warmer feel.
- Learn the Jargon of Door Styles and Overlays – You will first want to determine what overlay you like best: inset, partial overlay, or full overlay. Once you determine your overlay then you can look at the different options for door styles.
- Determine Your Style – Take some time and figure out what your style is. It will be easier to guide and explain to your kitchen designer what you are looking for.
- Understand the Construction of Your Cabinet Box When choosing a reputable company. Be specific and ask questions. Typically it is recommended that the wood of cabinet boxes is more than inch thick and have dovetail joints. Dont just pay attention to what is visible but look at the material the cabinet is made of. You want a cabinet that will last you for years.
- Explore and Take Advantage of storage solutions Today there are so many unique storage options that can help with the function of your kitchen. Be sure and ask your kitchen designer to show you the storage options they offer.
- Explore Countertop Options There is a wide variety of countertop choices. You will want to not only consider price, but durability and upkeep as well.
- Recycle Your Old Cabinets Before you go tearing out those old cabinets, know what you are going to do with them. Sometimes they can easily be installed in a garage or donate them to a charity such as Habitat for Humanity. If this is something you want to do, make sure you let the person removing your cabinets know in advance.
By choosing a reputable company such as Central Cabinetry, you can have the assurance you are getting a quality cabinet that will hold up over time. You will also be dealing with employees who are experienced and have a vested interest in your satisfaction. They understand the process and can help you from the beginning to end.
Click below to download a free “Guide to Cabinetry.”