White kitchen cabinets have been a popular cabinet for many years. However white is not for everyone. Recently we have noticed more homeowners choosing black kitchen cabinets or darker cabinet finishes.
What is it about black kitchen cabinets that seems to appeal to people? Black kitchen cabinets will add contrast and give your kitchen stunning contemporary look. They are the opposite of dismal when the right countertops, lighting, flooring and wall color are used. Black cabinets are versatile and go with a variety of kitchen styles. Many kitchen designers will tell you it is a timeless color that when used in the right way is not likely to go out of style.
If you are interested in using black kitchen cabinets for your Orlando area kitchen remodel we suggest you consider the following kitchen design tips to help you achieve the right balance and look.
Kitchen Design Tips for Black Kitchen Cabinets
- Black cabinets come in a variety of shades and hues. Explore the different hues. If you have small children, consider a matte finish. A glossy finish will show more fingerprints and smudges.
- Consider using a contrasting color for the island to create an attractive two-tone cabinet finish.
- Use a lighter color of granite or quartz countertop.
- Use stainless steel or black appliances.
- Add color with a contrasting wall color, decorative backsplash, or kitchen accents.
- Take advantage of natural light by adding an extra window or skylight.
- Have more than one light source and take advantage of cabinet lighting options such as under cabinet lighting and interior cabinet lighting with glass inserts.
- Use lighter colored flooring.
There are numerous things you can do with black kitchen cabinets. If you would like more ideas and kitchen design tips for using black kitchen cabinets click here.
If you are interested in having a conversation about purchasing Central Florida kitchen cabinets and discussing cabinet color options, you can click here to schedule an appointment with a professional kitchen designer at Central Cabinetry. Our kitchen designers will help you not only with choosing the right cabinet color, but also discuss kitchen style, kitchen cabinet storage options, and help you find the right kitchen layout for the space in your home. We can customize the space you have and make your kitchen the heart of the home.
Click below to find out what questions you should ask your remodeler when taking on a Central Florida kitchen remodel.