When it comes to flooring for your kitchen and bath remodel it is all about the comfort. In the kitchen when you are standing at the stove, cooking can be hard on your joints. There are a variety of flooring options that are softer and more buoyant. You can forgo the expensive area rugs and show off the natural beauty of your flooring choice.
7 Comfortable Flooring Materials
- Cork – Has a high cushioning. Comes in a variety of colors, patterns and textures.
- Linoleum Is different from vinyl flooring. It is made of all-natural and renewable materials. Durable and comes in a variety of patterns and colors.
- Rubber While not very common it is durable, soft and springy. Typically comes in tile and sheets.
- Vinyl Cost effective and comes in an array of patterns and colors. Less durable and has a shorter lifespan.
- Wood Tends to be more forgiving than stone or tile. Has a warmer look and feel. However is easily scratched and is susceptible to water damage.
- Bamboo One of the more popular exotic flooring choices. Tends to be harder and more durable than a lot of other woods
- Laminate Similar to vinyl floors. The are resistant to moisture. Available in a variety of colors and styles. Knicks and dings cannot be repaired.
There are many more pros and cons as well as cost factors to be considered when choosing your flooring for your kitchen and bath remodel. To learn more about these 7 kitchen flooring materials you can click here.
Click below for a free download of “Steps to Getting a Quote.”