We hear a lot about eco friendly products, but why are they so important? Does getting eco-friendly kitchen cabinets really matter? Many homeowners are aware of the added benefits from choosing them, but may not realize they also help improve the indoor air quality and reduce the number of toxins they are exposed to.
So how do you know if the cabinets you are purchasing are eco friendly?
Eco Friendly Certifications
- Cabinets must meet or exceed KCMA (Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers of America) green standards.
- Cabinets have low certified formaldehyde emissions and are made with no pollutants. They will be labeled VOC or low VOC.
- The adhesives used to make cabinets are water based with no hazardous air pollutants.
- Cabinets should be able to be recycled, reused, or reconditioned after use is finished.
- All hardwood lumber is purchased from mills that follow sustainable forestry practices.
- Cabinets should be durable and long lasting.
At Central Cabinetry we only use cabinet manufacturers that are committed to sustainability. Our manufacturers use environmentally responsible materials when producing kitchen and bath cabinets that have minimal impact on the environment.
Central Cabinetry is committed to providing Central Florida kitchen cabinets that benefit both the health of your family and the environment. If you are looking for a quality cabinet for your Florida kitchen remodel and would like to schedule a free consultation you can contact us here.
Click below to download a free guide to cabinetry.