Most homes have some sort of mudroom, and those that dont wish they did! Frequently these mudrooms (or make-shift mudrooms) turn into a place to dump all your stuff into a mess when you walk in the door.
If you dont have an organized mudroom that has purpose and a method it will very frequently be a place thats an embarrassment if anyone were to see it, and it will contribute to disorganization in the rest of the home. The whole purpose of having a mudroom is to have a place to organize things as you walk in the door.
A mudroom is a place of transition, where you are able to put things away correctly before getting into the main part of the home so that the home is not cluttered.
There are key questions you should ask yourself about your mudroom, or about the mudroom you would like to have.
Questions to ask
- Where will your mudroom be located?
- How much space do you have for your mudroom?
- What items do you want to store in your mudroom such as keys, coats, or sporting equipment?
- How many individuals will be using the mudroom?
- Are you going to have an area for your pet?
- Do you live in a place where there is lots of mud and dirt that can be tracked in?
- Will it be combined with your laundry room?
- Will you be storing mobile devices?
Your answers to these questions will help you determine the best way to create a mudroom, that will actually work and stay organized. Just like your kitchen, your mudroom should be created to accommodate your familys lifestyle and habits.
If youd like to see more mudroom design tips and ideas click here.
At Central Cabinetry our remodeling experts can customize any area to help you create the perfect mudroom for your Florida home renovation. If you would like to talk to one of our remodeling experts about designing the ideal mudroom for your home you can contact us here.