Todays bathrooms arent what they used to be. For a lot of homeowners they are their own personal little retreat. Its the one place in they house they can go to get away from the activity in the home and relax. Homeowners arent just looking for a place to shower and get ready for the day.
One way to achieve this is by adding some unexpected components to increase the appeal and comfort of the bathroom. By adding a few living room touches to the bathroom the overall feel and look is greatly enhanced. Whether its a built in bookcase to a fun area rug, these elements can give your bathroom the ideal finishing touch. There are endless possibilities when it comes to bringing the living room into the bathroom. We wanted to share a few of our favorite touches you might want to consider in your Florida bathroom remodel.
Favorite Living Room Touches
- Chandelier/Lighting – Hang a beautiful chandelier over the tub or add sconces to the wall. You might even consider a freestanding lamp.
- Large Area Rug – Rugs not only add style but also contribute to the overall look and feel of the bathroom.
- Built in Bookcases – You dont just need a vanity. Why not have a bookcase next to the tub or a wall of books you can pick from when you decide to soak in the tub.
- Plants Most plants and greenery will flourish in the bathroom. As an added bonus they will help keep the air clean.
- Small furniture – If your bathroom is large enough you can add a small bench or even a loveseat.
- Entertainment Center – Whether it is a flat screen television on the wall or an extra shelf. You can catch up on the news or watch your favorite television show while you soak in the tub or get ready for a night on the town.
- Window Seat It will give you extra storage and you can add pillows for accents and comfort.
We would love to have a conversation with you about remodeling your Florida bathroom. If you would like to speak to one of our bathroom design experts you can contact us here.
Click below to download your free cabinetry guide.