When remodeling a kitchen, there are obvious questions, and questions that you wouldnt know to ask until youre in the middle of it.
The following questions are ones you may not know youll be asking, but ones that are great for you to know in advance to think about.
- What are the rules? meaning the building codes and other rules affecting your design based on your local area and project conditions.
- How should my cabinet doors and drawers open? A tricky part of cabinet design is determining how and where the hardware is installed, and how many and style of each piece.
- What profile should I use for the countertops? The shape of the edge of your countertop may seem unimportant at first, but it can make a world of difference to the look and function of your countertops.
- What finish should my fixtures be? Metals come in various finishes, and you may even want to mix them for a subtle contrast.
- How will I mount my sink? One early consideration is whether youll have a drop-in sink or an undermount model, as they affect more than just the look of the sink.
- What finish should my stone be? in addition to choosing a stone, you will choose a finish of that stone. Some stone can take on a polished finish, giving it a reflective look. A honed finish appears much more soft and organic.
- What material should my toe kicks be? You might assume your toe kick has to match the material of your cabinets. There are times when your cabinets may not be one consistent color. Or youve used a sparkling white cabinet, but you dont want a white toe kick that gets dirty every time someone kicks it.
For all the details about these questions see the full article here
At Central Cabinetry, well get into the questions that matter early on to steer you in the right direction through the entire process of remodeling your Orlando kitchen.
To contact one of our experts, click here.
For more questions that are key to your remodel, download our FREE guide to remodel questions: